Sunday 22 July 2012
Saturday 14th, it was a very successful day for Cork and they achieved
victory in both games. As host club we were delighted that Linda
Dorgan and Leah Weste again featured in the senior game with Linda
again getting on the score board.... there were many club supporters
around and all were delighted to see the girls representing their
county... our own underage club were out in force to see the girls and
shouted loud in their support.
The day went without a hitch and this was due to the enormous help by
the GAA personnel and Camogie members.
A special thanks to
• Declan, Frank, Dominic and Eugene who were on gate duty
• Liam, Kieran, Pat, Ger, Brendan, David for the car parking, dressing
room duty and all round help....
• Michael for his help with the flags and tidy-up,
• Daniel Barry for the excellent and accurate score board keeping.
• John McAvoy to make sure it was all recorded on camera
• To our special catering staff, who are just top class - Breda,
Judith and Celia who were there all day and in mighty form
• Kathleen Healy who took time off work to give us a hand to ensure
our helpers, the Board Officers, Club members and everyone who needed
it was 'watered and fed' with the best of food generously supplied by
O'Keeffe's Bakery - A HUGE THANK YOU TO THEM -
• Our special little baker EMER O'BRIEN - your cup cakes were a huge
success and you were very generous in giving out all your hints to
help us get to your very high standards..... not a cake was to be had
in a very short time... a good business venture for the future for
• and in general to anyone who gave assistance on the day......
We were delighted to see our Under 11's doing guard of honour on the
day as the Cork Senior Team and Kilkenny Senior Team entered the pitch
and also playing at the half time break in the Senior game and a huge
thanks to team mentor Linda for organising all the teams to be there
on time and also fellow team mentors Frank and Ian who were a
tremendous help on the day....
The pitch, despite the terrible weather for the previous week, was in
good condition and looked as always brilliant - this is down to the
extremely hard working grounds men in the Club - led by top man JOHN
PURCELL - the unknown hours given by these wonderful men cannot be
imagined or appreciated enough but WE thank them and the Cork Camogie
Board also sent their thanks for the wonderful and extremely well run
day and compliments to the both the Ballincollig GAA and Camogie
A massive achievement to everyone involved and our heartfelt thanks to
all who made it happen.
Posted by Ballincollig Camogie Club at 21:59